ILLINOIS BUSINESS EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
Distinguished Service Award
The IBEA Distinguished Service Award is the most prestigious award presented by IBEA. The recipient of this award exemplifies outstanding service and dedication to IBEA. The recipient will be determined by the Awards Selection Committee and honored at the Fall Conference.
ELIGIBILITY - The nominee has demonstrated:
- Exceptional service to IBEA
- An ongoing commitment to business education
- A willingness to work with others to improve business education
- Appropriate memberships in professional associations
- Membership in IBEA
- Membership in an IBEA affiliate recommended
- Specific contributions to IBEA and to business education in Illinois
- CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE A MINIMUM OF 15 YEARS IN THE FIELD OF BUSINESS EDUCATION.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES – Three (3) copies of the following materials must be submitted:
- Biographical Data of Nominee (may not exceed one page, one side only)
- Responses to Award Criterion (may not exceed one page, one side only, for each criterion)
- A 10-point or larger font is required
- Letters of endorsement for the nominee (a minimum of three, maximum of six). Standard size 8 1/2" x 11" paper or letterhead is required, and letters must be limited to one page. These letters may be submitted by colleagues, students, supervisors, administrators, community leaders, etc.
WEIGHTING OF AWARD CRITERIA
- Demonstrated Service to IBEA - 60 points
- Demonstrated commitment to business education - 20 points
- Service to IBEA affiliate, NCBEA, IACTE, NBEA, student organizations, and/or DPE - 10 points
- Professional presentations, publications, and/or legislative activities - 10 points
APPLICATION DEADLINE - All materials must be submitted to the Awards Co-Chair postmarked no later than May 1 of the current year. Mail to:
Christie Hovey, Professor
Business & Technologies Division
Lincoln Land Community College
5250 Shepherd Road
Springfield, IL 62794-9256
NOMINATE ONLINE - Award Nomination Form
SUBMIT APPLICATION MATERIALS ONLINE - Award Submission Form - All materials must be submitted no later than May 1.
BIOGRAPHICAL DATA OF
Distinguished Service Award Nominee
List most recent activities first. You may reproduce this page; however, you are limited to one total page for all categories, one side only. Use 10-point font or larger.
- DEGREES (List degrees, institutions, and years attended.)
- TEACHING/ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE (Give years of experience in business education teaching, supervision, or administration.)
- PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS (Provide name, years of membership, and leadership positions.)
- HONORS AND AWARDS (Provide name of award, year, and name of sponsoring organization.)
- PUBLICATIONS (Provide name of article/book, copyright date, and publisher. Do not include copies of any publications.)
Distinguished Service Award Nominee
Please type each criterion at the top of a separate sheet of paper. Each response must not exceed one page, one side only. Use a 10-point font or larger.
- DEMONSTRATED SERVICE TO IBEA Include all IBEA positions held, such as offices, board/task force chairmanships, committees or task force membership, conference host/hostess, session chair, conference presentations, and any other positions of responsibility. Include information about your activities or projects that have increased awareness of IBEA, have made improvements for the organization, or any other information you deem significant. (Maximum points—60)
- DEMONSTRATED COMMITMENT TO BUSINESS EDUCATION Include information about classroom teaching performance, supervisory or administrative performance, years of experience, subjects taught; give evidence of effectiveness (student, peer, and administrative evaluations). Supporting documentation from students, administrators, and/or professional colleagues incorporated into this narrative is essential to this criterion. (Maximum points—20)
- SERVICE TO IBEA AFFILIATE, NCBEA, IACTE, NBEA, ACTE, STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS, AND/OR DPE Include participation and offices held. Relate special activities that resulted in needed changes or improvements in the profession. (Maximum points—10)
- PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS, PUBLICATIONS, AND/OR LEGISLATIVE ACTIVITIES Include contributions to business education through major articles refereed publications, non-refereed publications, and research activities (including grant proposals). Describe the significance of such activities on the profession. List—but do not include copies of—articles, monographs, books, etc., published by the nominee. Include participation in legislative activities and events. (Maximum points—10)