The IBEA officers want you to be aware of the rules for receiving Professional Development (PD) hours, formerly known as CPDUs, at the IBEA Fall Conferences beginning with the 2015 IBEA Fall Conference.
IBEA followed the rigorous process to gain approval as a professional development provider through the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE). In order for you to receive professional development hours during the conference, there are specific conditions that must be followed to maintain our approved-provider status for PD hours.
Because we want you to receive credit for each and every hour available at the conference, we are sending this “heads up” notice in advance. Please review it carefully.
You must follow these guidelines to receive a PD sticker at the end of a session:
- Arrive within three (3) minutes of the session start time. (Arrive early or at least on time.)
- Fill out a session evaluation.
- Stay until the session ends…to the end of the session time frame.
The Session Chairs have been instructed to follow these guidelines:
- Participants who arrive later than three (3) minutes after the beginning of the session will not receive a PD sticker for that session.
- Participants who leave a session before the session has ended will not receive a PD sticker for that session.
We are confident you will want to hear the entire session to earn your PD hour. Please make sure to follow these guidelines in order to get the maximum amount of PD credit.
If you have any questions, please contact one of the officers regarding your request.