Due to the Chicago Public Schools strike, our two original Conference Co-Hosts Nakisha Lee and Kenneth Jamison are unable to attend. We are especially grateful for those that have stepped in to fill those roles at the conference.
Nakisha Lee is the mother of two daughters. She has taught Business Education for 14 years for Chicago Public Schools (CPS). Nakisha has been a part of IBEA since college. She admires her former Professor Patricia Boyles who pushed her in her academic journey and into joining the organization. Nakisha has been in Business Education since high school. Her training started in CPS as her vocational major.
Nakisha graduated with a Bachelor in Science from Chicago State University and a Master’s in Education and Business Administration from Olivet Nazarene University.
- First teaching gig-Austin Business and Entrepreneurship Academy
- Worked at Simeon Career Academy, her former high school
- Loves to dance
- Daughter plays lacrosse
- Won WGN Teacher of the Month (October 2014)
- Run a mentoring program called "Girl We Got This"
- Reading is her hobby
- Enjoys teaching
Kenneth Jamison is a Chicago native. He earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Education from Chicago State University and holds master’s degrees from American College of Education in Educational Leadership and Curriculum & Instruction. Since 2000, he has served as the business teacher at Richards Career Business Academy teaching Accounting, Intro to Business, Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Computer Science. Prior to that time, Kenneth served six years in the United States Navy. Kenneth’s students have won numerous awards and scholarships in business. In addition to teaching, he has also coached the boys’ varsity basketball team.
- 2014 – 2016 Instructional Leadership Team Member/Department Chair, Richards Career Academy
- 2009 – 2012 Chicago Teachers Union Delegate
- 2010 – 2012 Illinois State Teachers Certification Board Member
- Binges on chocolate late at night
- Falls asleep at any given moment (once fell asleep with a bone in his mouth)
- Collects cars
- Bakes the most amazing fudge brownies from scratch
- Watches trash TV (Jerry Springer, Maury, Cheaters)