IBEA PD Procedures for Affiliate Events
For Events OUTSIDE the IBEA Fall Conference
TO GIVE CPDU CREDITS AT YOUR LOCAL AFFILIATE MEETINGS THROUGH THE IBEA PROVIDER NUMBER FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Complete the Affiliate Call for Presenters form in this packet (pages 1 and 2) and send to IBEA at least four weeks prior to your affiliate event for pre-approval to receive PD credits from IBEA. After approval, you will be sent two ISBE forms to give attendees:
77-21A Evaluation for Workshop, Conference, Seminar, Etc.
This form is to be given to each attendee seeking PD credit.
Collect the completed form and then hand the attendee:
77-21B Evidence of Completion for Professional Development
Attendees keep this form for their records.
- The length of the presentation must be a minimum of one hour. This only includes the presentation and/or tour. It does not include other parts of your program such as a business meeting and/or travel time to a tour.
- Keep a list of all persons that received professional development credits for your event and a copy of your program.
- Use the IBEA Affiliate Event Evaluation Form (page 4) in this packet and have all participants complete this form immediately following the program.
- Send the following forms to IBEA no later than one week following your activity:
- a copy of the list of attendees and your program information
- a copy of the completed ISBE evaluation forms (77-21A)
- completed IBEA Affiliate Event Evaluation Forms
Send all materials listed above:
All post event materials should be submitted to IBEA within one week of your affiliate event. IBEA has to submit a summary of all of this on a special form to the state and then keep your material on file for seven years in order for your PD credits to count.